Thursday, January 23, 2014

DIY Crayon Lipstick!!!!!




DIY Crayon Lipstick!!!

             I saw this article somewhere online and I immediately clicked on it!  I am just finding out about this in 2014.  I don't know if this is a new trend or if I have just been living under a rock but it is amazing and so simple!  It has to be or I probably wouldn't be blogging on it lol.  Anyway I clicked and it led me to this YouTube video of this girl pretty much making her own lipsticks in the kitchen and I was amazed!

      So pretty much you get a pot and boil some coconut oil or whatever oil you like or a similar base/substance that you want to use, cut a piece of crayon and boil it along with the coconut oil and your lipstick is complete! yep. 2 steps!  she put it in little nice lip gloss looking containers and made a few different shades of lipstick and she just applied with her finger/lip brush.  It seems to go on easily as well.  It didn't seem dry or difficult to apply like i kind of assumed it might be. I would personally use a  lip brush to more neatly apply it and then lip gloss after to give it a nice shine & done!  And don't forget to prep your lips with either a lip balm or chap stick.  This makes it much easier to apply anything to your lips, even regular lipstick and it makes a big difference in the finished outcome.  Supposedly it's none toxic which kind of makes sense since it is a product for children but I would also do more research if it is a concern or you can just buy your  makeup from Whole Foods lol.  Who knew you could make lipstick shades with crayons?  I just loove DIY things like this. This is something I will definitely give a try!!!



xoxo T    
  

No comments:

Post a Comment