Saturday, January 25, 2014

Confessions of a Concealaholic







Confessions of a Concealaholic Product Review!!!





Photoshop in a Box!!!!! 
 
Hello Readers!!! Hope you all had an amazing and productive week and are enjoying your weekend to the fullest!  Sleeping in!/ eating good food and having some good wine and just enjoying an obligation free 2 days. i hope lol =)    Just wanting to share a beauty product that could possibly change your life as you know it.. So I went to Ulta a while back looking for a concealer and makeup to do makeup for a very special wedding.  I asked the sales girl what is the best concealer kit/ product and what is a good company and she handed me the Confessions of a Concealaholic (ooh la la) by Benefit and told me it was the best so I gave it a try!  I've been using this for quite a while ( the same one I bought) so I can give you a very thorough review of this product.  

& I can say that I love this product!!! and it has made it's way into my everyday makeup look!  Before I get into the makeup, can I just say that I love the packaging.  I am a such a sucker for pretty packaging.  I don't know if it's my graphic design background or if I just like pretty things.. or both lol but I love it.  The name, the way that it looks like a diary with the cute heart lock and key on the right side.  It's just adorable.

 
And then we open it and it looks like what's shown above and isn't that just so cute!  There's a little mirror on the side that some what resembles or reminds me of this Disney feel, story book and fairy tale feel, who is the fairest one of them all kind of thing with a little message that says this diary belongs to. so cute!  Makes me feel like a princess! And shouldn't makeup products do that?  Don't all girls want to feel beautiful and glowing and like just a princess? lol Well anyways, then we get to the actual make up.  There is an erase paste, two tones of concealer, 2 mini applicator brushes, a primer,eye bright paste and lemon aid paste. That was much more than I was expecting would be inside and the product laasts!  Still haven't hit pan on not one thing! A little goes a VERY long way.
 
What this product does in a nutshell is cover up imperfections such as red spots, acne, acne scarring, spots, dark circles etc.. and makes you look awake, alive, energetic, younger and beautiful.  It gives you this radiant glow and just makes you feel like your best.  It makes you look like your best self!  What I mean by that is it makes you look like the you you would be if you were well rested, well hydrated, giving your body the right nourishment etc. and lets face it, none of us gets enough sleep and drinks enough water yada yada ya.  I've seen girls take before and after pictures and their face looks photoshopped! Seriously.  You know how they say lighting is everything? cause when your in the right lighting it can make you glow and look radiant?  Well this kit makes you look like your in the right lighting all the time lol.  The only thing I don't like about this product is the applicator brushes.  I get that they wanted to make them small because it actually is an on the go kit with the mirror and all but I am just not a fan of teeny brushes like that.  And the bristles were so hard it felt like it was poking my under eye skin verses gliding against it.  I used them once and I just threw them away and used my finger ( ring finger).   Side note: this is the finger you apply anything with because it is the weakest of all your fingers, therefore puts less pressure and stress on the delicate skin around your eyes.  I really wouldn't recommend anyone to use the applicator brushes because it's just too rough for that part of your eye.
 
Just a quick little review of what everything does.  The " that gal" primer tube is just what you put on before you put on anything else.  It helps in making your makeup last longer and the final outcome of it is usually nicer and neater with this on first.  The concealer is self explanatory.  The lemon aid paste is a paste that can be used for further covering up imperfections (red spots) etc and is a great highlighter!  This paste makes your eyebrows look beautiful and just makes your face glow when used as a highlighter. The eye bright is also kind of self explanatory.  It brightens up your eyes and makes you look awake.  Even in our 20's, women start to get this dull worn out look sometimes right? from working like crazy, going to school like crazy, everyday life stresses, not taking care of ourselves correctly and then we take a selfie one day and we're like damn, what happened? lol   Well this will solve all your problems.. externally anyway. lol While you can make the exterior look amazing with the magic that is make up, don't forget to take care of what's underneath. But anyways, this was my little beauty share of the week and I hope you guys love it as much as I loved sharing it! =)
 
 

Cost:  $36
$3

Where  to buy:  Sephora, Ulta, Benefit.com or any major beauty store online as well.


 
 
 
xoxo T         
 

No comments:

Post a Comment