Wednesday, January 29, 2014

How to feel sexy on your Period




How to feel Sexy on your Period




Is it your time of the month again?  Are you feeling bloated/ fatigued and just blah?  I have a few fun tips to keep it sexy at the time of the month where women probably feel the least sexy.  So let's get right into it.

Preparation is key!

Tip #1:  Having Blouses/ Dresses that are loose in the tummy!   These tips aren't necessarily in order of importance but this would be at the top of my list.  I think most women get bloated during their periods and their stomach is the place where it shows and feels the most uncomfortable.  Having a nice blouse/ dress that's tight at the bust but loose at the stomach all ready to go let's you go on with your day without having to be concerned about that.  There's been plenty of times where I was on my cycle and I just put on any old shirt I would have worn and it wouldn't fit and it was riding up on me the whole time I was out which made me concerned about it the whole time verses having fun and being in the moment.

 Tip #2:  Tummy Control!   The week of your period is the perfect time to wear a spanx or some kind of tummy control.  With that on, you literally almost don't feel the bloat.  I would say wear a good spanx but a light one where it holds but at the same time let's you breathe.  It shouldn't be too tight on your tummy.

Tip #3:  The Period Panty!  You MUST have a period panty.  A period panty for those who don't know is what the title suggests.  A set of panties that are specifically for your period.  These panties should be about comfort strictly.  The perfect period panty is a dark color with no designs ( so as not to damage it ), stretchy material ( for comfort ), but at the same time structured ( so that there is control ), should be above the belly button or just below! ( for extra support ), and lastly should be the correct size and a full comfortable panty! ( again, for comfort )!  yep.  No booty cutters here lol.  We are already uncomfortable.  Why add to the discomfort?  Many women wear the wrong size everything and having the wrong size panties while having your period just makes you feel gross!  It's not you, it's your panties!  A good company is Just My Size actually.  They tend to have bland colors and designs and many would consider this the granny panties but ain't nothin wrong with a little granny panty.  I personally think it can be beautiful.  When I got my first pack of just my size panties, they felt like heaven! .. literally!  And when I saw myself in the mirror, they were beautiful.  It wasn't all colorful and full of design and excitement but they were just a natural and pretty panty.

Tip #4:  Cake that face! lol  The magic of make up again.  A face full of make up solves all your problems lol.  Well, not literally but you get the picture and it definitely works in this case.  When your feeling especially drab and just not you, not pretty, like a fatty, tired and old, put a face of make up on! and take your time.  Have a good time putting it on and just doing a little art on your face and being creative.  On a scale of 1 to 10, if your feeling at a low 4 or 5, this will bring you to a high 9 or 10.  It will literally give you energy once your done.  This works also for days when you just feel low, not as pretty or like you've gained some weight.  Put some makeup on and fix yourself up really pretty.  The psychology of doing something to your outside, to feel that way on the inside is very true and works like a charm!

Tip #5:  Always have a good amount of Tampons/ Cotex/Midol (extra strength) during/ around the time of.  There's nothing worse than having your period and not being prepared for example not having anything on you and your feeling like Niagara Falls down there.  Make sure to have plenty of what you need.  Also be stocked on Midol complete.  This is the Midol that should help with bloat/ fatigue/ back pain/ and the regular cramp and this definitely works.  When I turned 24, my original regular cramps that weren't severe, just uncomfortable turned into severe cramps where I actually need medication and let me tell you, Midol takes all of the pain away! 

 Tip #6:  U by KotexYou need U by kotex!!! I think the slogan once was don't be ashamed or something like that or of that nature and this product embodies that.  It's more than a cute cotex.  It's having something in your purse that doesn't look like a diaper and makes you feel weird.  It's a sleek way to handle your business I like to think.Here is what the packaging looks like. 
     
 So cute right?  And the cotex inside are different bright and vibrant colors and designs as you can see and they are very thinly wrapped and sleek.  Heres just a quick picture of what the tampons look like as well. 



   I feel like if I opened my purse and a guy happened to see that I had a whole bunch of those in there, I wouldnt even be embarrassed because it doesnt even look like tampons/cotex.  It kind of looks like candy to me. or like some kind of woman product but you don't know what it is. lol  I am not a sponsor but I wish I was because I love this product!  Definitely have U by Kotex on you!

 Tip #7:  Double up.  This is something I've learned while on my menstrual journey so to speak and that is to double up the padding.  But not just double up for the thickness.  Double up by putting the first pad on in the center as you generally would and then putting the second one on starting mid way down the first one you placed so that it creates a longer surface for when your laying down or moving around.  This way it comes up the back of the panty and more fully protects you.  If you double up AND use a tampon, you are bullet proof.     d


Tip #8:A dark pant/ jean.  This again is just for the peace of mind that just in case there is an accident or anything, you don't have to worry.  You didn't destroy your nice jeans. A major crisis diverted.  This is where preparation comes into play again.  Make sure you have  the jeans, the loose shirt and everything you need already prepared so it just makes having your period more of a breeze.

Tip #9:  Period Tracker App.  This one is just a cute way to stay on top of things and be prepared.  The theme in this article is preparation.  Being prepared is what can make you feel like your sexiest self, even on your period.  The one I got on my phone recently is Period Diary or PD.  It's very cute.  It looks like a little diary and when you open it, it opens up like a diary book.  It was the most easy and simple.  Here is what the main page and calendar look like.



Isn't that cute?  Simple and easy looking right?  It even tells you extra info like your fertile window is active! Crazy and good information to have I think.

Lastly..

Tip #10:  Own being a woman and be proud!  It's a wonderful and beautiful and freeing thing to be a woman in today's time.  Unfortunately, menstrual cycles and a number of things come along with it.  But it is what makes us women.   When you are feeling the cramps and bloat and discomfort, remind yourself that this is what being a woman feels like and be proud of it! If your feeling crappy during it, it's apart of the rough and beautiful journey it is to be a woman. And do NOT be embarrassed or feel bad or uncomfortable of the things that come along with it such as feeling bloated, leaking etc.. It's natural so there's no need to feel embarrassed or disgusting.  Someone once asked my little sister awhile ago, what would happen if she accidently leaked on the seat and would she be embarrassed? she calmly said at 11 years old, no, it's natural and it's apart of being a girl and oh well if someone says something.  I thought that it was such a mature thing to say and relatively the mentality we should all have about it.  Owning being a woman means owning the good and bad and THAT is sexy!       

  So those were my little tips! =)  I've had a menstrual cycle for 10+ years and in that time we come up with the things that work the best and I think its great that we can share our experience through a little something called the internet.  
Happy Wednesday <3
xoxo T  
    


2 comments: