Thursday, July 23, 2015

BeautyCon 2015!!!




BeautyCon 2015!!!! <3




This year 7/11 I went to BeautyCon 2015!!!!!!
This was my first time ever going to BeautyCon and also I made it kind of point to make sure I make it to this years event and it was AMAZING! 

All things beauty. All things girly. Celebs, youtubers and beauty bloggers.  What more can you ask for really? lol And also like minded individuals who are obsessed with everything your obsessed with!  Since this was my first time, I kind of went more as a spectator just to get the feel of what BeautyCon is actually like and just absorb it all in.  So like I dressed more chill and just had a good time. No heels and hair did and all this lol.  But I did do my hair but you know what I mean lol.

I just wore my iron reef shirt with a pair of jeans and sneakers.  And I packed my hello kitty backpack with all my stuff and I was good to go!


For my hair, I just curled it all Shirley Temple style and did a simple pink lip and cat liner. And I put on my rainbow heart sunglasses.  I thought, if there was such thing as a perfect day to wear these, this was that day! lol

So what is BeautyCon?

So just to explain to people who don't know what BeautyCon is, it's basically a giant beauty expo.  It travels around the world but I think it's birth place was L.A if I'm not mistaken.  Just before the event in L.A, this convention was in London.  It's an event where beauty lovers go to look at whats new in beauty basically.  Con is just short for convention and they have conventions for many things aside from beauty. Like VidCon for youtubers and comicon for comic heads etc etc..


Getting In

So when I first got there, I automatically noticed a loooong line outside the building.. like wrapped around. And a couple times at that. =( I was like an hour late as well and if your an hour late, you can forget about parking in the parking lots  right by the event.  You just gotta fend for yourself basically.  Also it was held right there in downtown on Broadway at the reef.  Finding parking was a fiasco all it's own. lol But I won't even get into that.  So I'm walking through downtown and I finally see the building and strangely that huuuge line I saw disappeared.  I really don't know what happened to be honest.  I guess the line just went fast?  Idk. But I asked a security guard and he was like "oh yeah, you just walk around the side" and basically I just walked right into the event! lol No waiting at all! And I had general tickets, nothing special.So that was kind of awesome!!!  I walk in and see the stage, and rides and setups, food trucks etc. 

I'm walking by and the first person I see, (not a beauty influencer or anything) but I saw Chrisette Michelle!!! lol  So random! lol but yeah!  I saw her walking with a girl who I think was her artist but I didn't notice the other girl at the time.  So that was kind of cool.  I'm mad I didn't get a pic of her but she was so pretty!  Pictures don't do justice of her either.  Anyways, so I'm looking at the booths and I see all the girls I watch on You tube and it was pretty cool and surreal! 
  
The best way to describe coming to BeautyCon is seeing Youtube and Instagram collectively come to life right in front of you! lol It's like surreal! I hope that makes sense. That's the best way I can describe it lol.  All the people I follow and watch on Youtube walking around and talking in real life.  So I walk around and then get to the actual building because there's an inside and outside.  Inside is the main part of BeautyCon and outside is more for the concert/food and drinks and stuff.  

Entering the main building

So I get to the building and there's a swarm of girls and were all waiting to get inside.  That's the only part where I really had to wait actually. I guess they can only let so many people in at once or something.  But you get in and there's a desk with beautycon shirts and swag and that's where I got my beautycon shirt from.  Then you go on the elevators and by the way! I was just in the elevator and noticed baddiewinkle was just chilling behind me! lol I tell ya. It was like the internet come to life.  Then you get upstairs and it looks like this.

        
I am actually not too sure what the platform is lol. But anyways, this is the first thing you see when walking in.
And you walk around and it's kind of like a little beauty maze with mini pop up shops and things to look at.  There was an area for beauty discussions and panels and like classes for makeup application etc.. 

The pink carpet! <3


This area was so cute! This is tied for my second favorite thing at beautycon.  And this is the area where it felt like my instagram came to life lol.  I saw basically all the mua's I follow on IG.  Also, I saw this girl named arika that I watch on youtube too.  She's like a beauty/fitness/vlogger person on youtube and she looked just like she does on youtube but better! with her little LV purse.  It's weird how people look so much better and glam in person than they do on camera.  It's like it translates different for some reason so if you want to be glam on camera, then it's like you have to b super glam in real life and that goes for looking fat and all that.  It's like the pics and camera just do this weird thing and make you look not as good.  And ugh, I didn't get a pic of her either.  And this time I actually had my cam out but there was just so many people and I didn't get the pic =(.


They also had a touch ups area which was actually one of my favorite things there!



Here's me getting touch ups.lol 
I tried to slyly take this lol.  But this guy did such an amazing freaking job on my makeup and he was so nice too!  He used all mac products also and when he was done, it literally looked like I was airbrushed lol.  I was so sad to wash it all off later.  Also, his brushes were amazing!! I'm thinking they were mac too but they felt so velvety soft!! Products really do make a world of difference I think.  Because my brushes literally feel like bricks compared to his lol.

Right next to this, they actually had a little hair studio section and people were legit getting their hair done!


That girl on the right got a full on hair cut and style right in the middle of everything lol.  And like a severe cut too because she had really long hair and they cut it almost pixie style.

I don't know how those girls did that because it was scorching hot this day too having all those hot irons and blow dyers but hey, to each their own.  

After the touch ups, I also found this glitter lip bar in there that was pretty cool.  But I just got my lips redone with the touch ups so I didn't wanna mess up my pink lips so I just skipped this one.  But it did give me some ideas for some lip looks I wanna do. When walking by here, I saw Karrueche Tran (chris browns ex) right there by the lip bar.  I actually didn't notice until people starting yelling her name.  But I was kind of shocked to see how many celebs come to BeautyCon.  I just thought it would strictly be youtubers and bloggers. But no, there were some celebs there too and just walking around like regular people, looking at the makeup stuff too lol. I saw later on IG that Zendeya was there too.   

Also, somewhere in this maze is a barbie lounge!
It looks like this.

  
This was probably also my second favorite part of BeautyCon.  I liked the barbie lounge alot and actually! They had a photo booth in here that I didn't know about that takes your picture from all angles and makes a little animation of you moving around from all angles just like how they do on the red carpets on E!  But I found this out later on IG when I was looking at beautycon pics and saw people doing the camera thing!  I was like aw man!  Like I saw it but I thought it was a display or something.  Im so slow sometimes lol.

After the barbie lounge, I headed back outside to see the performances and got something from the food trucks.  The greek truck was the most popular and had the best looking food there so I got something from there.  And you know with food trucks, they always have these crazy kind of concoctions and just very different stuff.

So anyways I got a gyro and the zues fries! lol


  This is actually the first time I had a gyro!
And it was really good! To me anyways. (someone wasn't a fan lol. I wont mention any names.)  I think it wouldn't be considered a real like authentic gyro but it was really good.

There was also this nail truck right by the stage. 


There were girls in there getting manis and pedis.  I thought this was just such a cute little idea. 

On the outside of things, BeckyG/Cody Simpson  and some other performers who I didn't know performed.  Graveyard Girl from youtube was there as well as Bethany Mota. I actually already saw and spoke to Bethany Mota at dancing with the stars when she was there.  Btw, these two had the longest lines out of all the beauty influencers! But personally.. as much as I like all of these youtubers, I'm just not gonna stand in these long ass lines lol. Sorry.  Not even for fashionista804 who I love.  I'm just not a fangirl for anyone like that.  I think it might be a little below my age group.  I'm not sure. But I'm a little more about the products and festivities if you know what I mean. 

Anyways, after the madness I headed back to my car and made it there pretty quick.  I tried to head out just before an avalanche hit the exit!lol There is nothing worse than being caught in an avalanche of people trying to all go in the same direction.  So anyway, found my car and petaled to the metal!  This day was a hot ass day.. This was when that heat wave was still going on so to end my day right, I made a little pit stop to Starbucks and got my favorite drink. An iced chai soy latte!


I had no idea they had these cute little summery cups too! It was perfect. I'm not really a Starbucks queen so I don't know the little things they got and when they add new stuff. 
But anyways, BeautyCon was a blast and a day to remember!! If you haven't gone and your a beauty lover, I definitely recommend it! <3

xoxo T







No comments:

Post a Comment